Saturday, September 19, 2009

John was right and I was wrong...

I talked to my brother John on the phone today and he predicted that Washington would upset USC.

I, on the other hand, predicted that Toledo would upset Ohio State. I think that's because I am now reacting too emotionally to Ohio State. I am very sick and tired of hearing about nothing but Ohio State when Cincinnati is closer and also has very good team. Maybe even a better team.

So, part of my wants Ohio State to lose so everybody will stop wearing those putrid-looking scarlet and gray jerseys everywhere, like to church and stuff.

I didn't grow up in Ohio and I think that also has something to do with these feelings I have, deep in my groin.

Is this so wrong to feel this way? No! I feel quite self-validated, in fact.

I'm just talking a lot to gloss over the fact the my brother was right and I was wrong. The Wal*Mart greeter and I got into an argument about the Toledo/Ohio State game this morning when I met his very shrill vocal projections with my own prediction that Toledo would score at least 3 touchdowns and he said Ohio State would win 51-0.

So, I want to let you know, I am man enough to admit that my brother was right and that the Wal*mart greeter was more right about the game than I was.

Anyone wants to kick me on the balls a third time? Because I know after this, the law of averages is on my side now...

Word.

No comments: