Sunday, July 22, 2007

Thanks Be To Whatever

Today was absolutely gorgeous. Nice cool breeze coming out of the north. Sun, and lots of what I like to call "Simpsons" clouds in the sky. Ya know, the puffy ones like the intro to the Simpsons?

I took a long bike ride to burn off my hangover. Good stuff.

I was up near North Charleston and there's a spot on the rail trail I can see corn fields for miles. Very beautiful. That got me to thinking...

Like some, I'm not going to sit here and act like I know. But I have a very strong gut belief that there is some sort of supreme being that put all this stuff here. And all this stuff ended up creating this beautiful stuff and also created me. Yes, it also created stuff that caused bad stuff; war, mean people, disease, American Idol.

But overall, I'm quite happy with this universe. I think I'll stay here.

Maybe I should just say "thanks" more. Just in case anything's really up there listening. And maybe "hi" wouldn't be a bad thing to say either. I try to talk every night. But, what I say ends up sounding like a Christmas wish list..."please help so and so and so and so...". I'm going to continue to do that, because I know a lot of so and so's that need some help...ya know, in case anybody's listening.

Did you ever have a family member or friend that only talks to you when he/she needs something? Shit. That's what I've become lately. I know I appreciate when people say hi to me, or thank me for something. So, if something's up there listening...maybe "It" feels the same way.
And if no one really is listening, I have a delusional gut feeling that makes me feel like I have a friend to talk to. Like Big Bird had with Snuffalupagus. I think it's a win-win.

Right Snuffy?

Ahhhhh! Snuffy never answers either!

3 comments:

We are an internet broadkast where fans submit their videos praising or ripping their favorite team or player in hopes of making the SMACKKAST. said...

love the simpsons clouds thing...kinda funny
hey if you are into making videos..check out smackkast.com

i am starting a website where fans submit videos praising there favorite teams or ripping their most hated players...check it out... keep up th good work.

Unknown said...

Hey Baby!!!

And I don't even need anything. :-)

Mick said...

Who the hell are these people? If there is a hell who the hell are they, that is.