Monday, August 27, 2007

Moon shot

Hey Loonies, if you're not doing anything August 28th between 4:52am and 5:52am. Go watch the moon disappear and turn red...



One of my earliest memories (besides the time I pooped in the bathtub) was a time when I was say 5 or 6 years old. I wanted to see a lunar eclipse but my Mom told me I couldn't stay up late enough to watch it. I threw a fit, but she told me to go straight to bed or I'd get a spanking.

Luckily, my grandmother (Nana) was visiting us. After pouting myself to sleep, she woke me up, whispered to me, telling me that I should me quiet and snuck me outside where I saw my first eclipse of the moon. That moment must have really stuck with me, because I mooned a lot of people in college.

Nana's 93 now. I haven't spoken to her in weeks because she broke her hip and she's not able to handle a phone.

I should get my ass out there this morning and see the eclipse. And then I gotta get it down to Alabama to see her...stat.


No comments: