Friday, March 14, 2008

Those Bluetooth earbud thingies...

I have a little theory:

Technology separates people more than it connects us.

No way, Mike! You say.

But the truth, I speak. And, like Yoda, I'm talking.

But listen, shall you...as reasons, I give.

* People aren't required to hold the door for each other as much anymore. They open automatically!

* We don't talk to our neighbors. We drive directly into the garage and close the door with our lil' RF automatic garage door closer framus.

And now, saying hello to each other in the hallway is on the endangered list. As if I need more reason to feel insecure in superficial social situations. Now I don't feel like I have the green light to say "hi" to anyone who passes me in the hall if their cell phone is plastered to their noggin'.

And now, people wear Bluetooth mobile phone earbud Klingon thingies. So, it's hard to tell if they even are on the phone or if you have their attention.

Take yesterday in the hall...

Me: "Hey Tony, what's up?"

Tony: "Yeah, that's what I told her, but she's having a hard time even paying her rent..."

Tony dissed me in the hall.

Tony wears a Bluetooth thingy.

I hate Bluetooth thingies.

But, I like Tony.

And therein lies the problem.

Just once, I'd like to be in Tony's ear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.