Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A pissed off bird just chased my head!

I got an email yesterday from a co-worker who was at a conference down in Texas and had a bird attack his head while he was jogging.

I thought this was funny.

Until this morning, when I was riding to work and a black bird swooped at my noggin. "Whew, close call" I thought to myself because I thought it was just flying past really near. I have been actually bonked in the head with a bird in the past. But, this was the subject of another blog, circa summer 2007.

Anyhow, after this close call, I looked over at the shadow next to me and saw a guy riding on a bike (ostensibly me) with a bird flying about a foot behind his head! Then, the shadow sped up as fast as it could until the little birdy shadow flew away.

So, one of two things be goin' on here:

1) There's one bird that hates chemistry instructors and commutes between Ohio and Texas, attacking their heads.

or

2) This is the time of year when birds have babies in their nests and get protective and territorial?

Maybe there's someone out there with a biology degree, or interest in birds, or wings and a pecker who can better explain?

No comments: