Monday, May 19, 2008

Thanks Uncle Sam...

But are there strings attached?

If not, then please let me just say:

America! Foop Yeah!

Or, is this actually an "advance" on next year's tax refund? For example, let's say I just noticed I had $1,800 direct-deposited into my bank account. Does that mean next year my tax refund will be reduced by $1,800?

A couple of people have told me it was the latter and not the former. But then again, people sometimes say stuff that isn't true because they don't understand and they stink.

So, which is it? Try finding it at http://www.irs.gov/

Cus I can't.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

From another part of the IRS site.

Q. Will the payment I receive in 2008 reduce my 2008 refund or increase the amount I owe for 2008?

A. No, the stimulus payment will not reduce your refund or increase the amount you owe when you file your 2008 return.


And you're teaching the yoots of America huh? :)