Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Me vs. Me

I ain't no smarter now than I was last year. See? That was horrible grammar suign a questionable contraction and a double negative.

But I'm riding better. Two days ago, I took Debby Diamondback out for a spin. She and I were feeling really good. Her, with her sexy new brake calipers. Oh yeah! All I gotta do is think the word "stop" and I practially fly over the handlebars. For December, my legs were feeling great. I extended my ride so I could catch myself and spank me on the heiney.

Please, allow me to explain.

In 2006, I rode 8,684.5 miles which was the most I have ever ridden. This does not count time on the trainer when the weather is poopy. I log all my miles diligently. I calculate this to be about 511 hours spent on the bike in 2006. That's 3 weeks continuously. Yep. I'm not an OCD case am I?

One of my goals for 2007 was to beat my 2006 miles. The weather poopified a bit in early December and I was worried that I might not make it. But alas, it warmed up and dried up. I've been putting in some good saddle time this week and this allowed me to finally beat myself. So, at the end of my ride on the rail trail, I saw my old self up ahead and I passed me. Don't worry, I was courteous and said "on your left, 2006 Mike!". I was feeling sorta sassy and as I passed me, I reached over spanked myself on the heiney like the little bitch that I am.

This blog is taking on quite the "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" motif, isn't it?

Tomorrow, I'm bringing Tracy Trek with me to ride the beautiful scenic roads of upstate New York. The weather seems like it's gonna cooperate for the rest of 2007.

I would like to do 10,000 in 2008.

This leads me to the inescapable conclusion that I have no life.

Bye.

No comments: