Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Good Golly Ms. Stranger

I have been receiving errant text messages from someone for the past few days.

I received my first one Sunday while I was on my bike. It was some spam-forward pass -it-on type of generic message. I didn't respond. But then yesterday at work I got some more and I felt I had to respond. I figured I was probably erroneously entered into this person's contact list and since I have cell phone service designed for teenagers, I get nickled and dimed when I text back & forth. I only carry cell phone for emergency situations, like when I see naked people on the bike path.

The word-for-word transcript of our conversation lies below:

Tuesday Afternoon

Unknown Person: Did you go home yet? ii love Matt :)

Mike: I'm sorry Matt, you must have the wrong number and I don't think you love me.

Unknown Person: No...i said did you go home? that is my signature. ii love Matt :)

Mike: Ok, I give up. Who is this?

Unknown Person: Molly. ii love Matt :)

Mike: Molly, you don't know me. You have the wrong number. Sorry.


Tuesday Evening

Molly: FWD: It is the 6 year anniversary so send to all the people u love and don't wanna lose...I love u

Mike: I love you too Molly, thanks for the text message. I don't love Matt tho.

*FYI: the best way to make someone go away is to tell them you love them prematurely*

Molly: Who is this? ii love Matt :)

Mike: It's the wrong phone number guy.

Molly: Oh. So where do you live? ii love Matt :)

Mike: I'm confused. You say repeatedly that you have strong feelings for Matt, but you seem so interested in me?
Molly: Like in Huber Heights? ii love Matt :)

Mike: My Mama told me to not tell strangers stuff like that.
Molly: Oh. Okay Watever. You probably do since we have the same area code. ii love Matt :)

Mike: Actually Molly, the 937 area code encompasses a very large range spanning from almost Lima up north to Springboro south. I could live anywhere in this large area.

Molly hasn't texted me since that. I think I scared her off when I used the word "encompasses". I'll keep you posted.






No comments: