Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Blue Streak is Back!

Yeah, so I was having a bad day because I work with difficult people.

But foop all that! Who cares! Because yesterday, the Dayton Cycling Club emailed me and informed me that the Blue Streak Time Trial is back!

Woot. * irish jig *

Please, let me 'splain.

Most time trials are hilly or are an out and back 5 miles each way or open to traffic.

The Blue Streak is a flat, ten mile circular loop, which is closed to traffic on the grounds of Wright Patt Air Force Base. So, it's fast. This all means I have a better opportunity (and more of them) to try and beat my personal best of 24:12.

I really wanna break the 24 mark. This might all sound lame to you, but in my mind it's not.

And then after it's all done, Fox & Hound is right on the way home. Coincidence? Yes! I really needed a coincidence!

So, to borrow a phrase from Kenny, take a suck on that, world!

No comments: