Saturday, June 7, 2008

I almost wrecked, lost my cool and dropped the F-bomb!

I kinda yelled a potty word at a guy during the Strawberry Festival Time trial.

Unfortunately, he was a new guy and an african american guy, two things cycling needs more of.

Also, I hate it when people who are more experienced glom on to neophytes and give them advanced lectures and play the expert. Most of the time they aren't doing it to help the other person as much as trying to elevate themselves above the other person so they can feel better about themselves. That's what alienated my from golf. Stuff like "Here Mike, let me show you how to correct your slice". That crap.

But today a guy almost killed me. And in my book, it was fair game to tell him to watch where the foop where he was going.

Except, I didn't say foop, I said fuck.

Oh shit! I said a potty word.

Damn, I did it again.

Shucks.

I was in the final 50 meters of the finishing stretch and my dilithium crystals were severely overloaded. As I was cooking it as best as I could, this ass clown was meandering across the road on his bike about 50 feet behind the finish line. So, I'm on a crash course here.

Since I can't change my direction easily or stop, I yelled "Hey!".

He lackadaisically turned around and went the other direction, still in my path and still in the middle of the foopin' road. Mind you, this would have been much worse than your typical cycling crash, where two bikes are going the same speed, clip wheels and fall together. This would have been a guy going 28 mph plowing into another guy doing 0.5 mph.

So, naturally, all I can think is "This is the big one" and I almost peed.

Luckilly, I veered left really hard and missed him by about a foot. And that's where I lost it and yelled "Watch where the foop you're goin'!" or something like that sans foop.

My teammate Chris Slone was at the finish, saw this and told me that directly afterwards the dude shouted something back at me and then promptly fell over. That was instant Kharma, I say.

So, now I've cooled off and I'll put it gently:

Please, please, please, never crowd the finish area, rookie.

Maybe he's reading this. Nahhhhh.

Nonetheless, I'm glad to still be walkin'.

Bye.

No comments: