Thursday, June 5, 2008

Celtics vs. Lakers

When I was a high school kid, I did the very non-wrestler thing and started following pro hoops.

I'd watch Larry Bird on TV and then go outside and shoot hoops.

I'd also go outside and shoot birds, but that's the subject of another blog.

We had a telephone pole on our property

* spit...p-ting! *

and my Dad built a backboard out of wood and attached a rim to it. I remember deliberating with him about it and asking him to put it below 10 feet so I could try to dunk. He hung it at like 9.5 feet and I could barely dunk this little mini ball.

Look at how I could sky back in 1986:



I don't know where I am going with all this. I guess when I watched pro basketball on TV it was back when the Celtics were really good. I loved the Celtics, especially Robert Parish and Kevin McHale. They'd get to the NBA finals and play the Laker and I hated the Lakers. The Lakers were this flashy fast-break type of team and the Celtics were a bunch of pasty-skinned guys shooting fadeaway bank shots. They were very different styles.

Well, I still hate the Lakers. Largely because Los Angeles isn't near any lakes.

And, I've been tuned out for oh, the past 18 years or so, but I like Paul Pierce and I still like the Celtics.

So, let me just wrap by saying: 2008 NBA finals, Celtics vs. Lakers, game 1 tonight.

Oh, and Go Celtics!

Bye.

No comments: