Sunday, October 21, 2007

Son Of Godzulla

I am putting in a lot of saddle time for a beer party called Son of Godzulla in which is in 13 days.


It's preceded by a 78 mile, road race which is laden with 20% climbs, the like you can only find down by the river southeast of cincy.

It's run by the coolest race promoter ever. And because it's the end of the year and USA Cycling doesn't sanction it, there's no points at stake. So, there's kind of a "no holds barred" mentality with people screwing each other over at every opportunity because everybody hopes the long winter will allow people to forget what's taken place and there's no race next week, so no chance for retribution.

Like last year, when I got pimped at the line for 3rd by Eric from Revolution cycling. I totally forgot that. Especially after I led the pace up the last climb to the finish...uh huh.

And because I had to leave early, I got to miss my friend Todd puke after he did too many shots of Jagermeister at the post-race party.

Did I mention that, Jagermeister is not very highly recommended post-race beverage? And that most cyclists drink like 10-year-olds? Except me. I like me some beer after a long ride. Like right now for example. Where else do you think these blog thoughts come from?

Anyhow, I'm gonna try to not make the same mistakes this year. Okay?

See ya in 13 days, Eric...and Todd. :)

No comments: