Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Stupid Letter Series Number 4: Laura's Lean Beef


A second attempt at contact after I wrote once and a member of customer service left me a voice message on my home answering machine...

Customer Relations Department
Laura's Lean Beef Co.
Mt Folly Farm
P.O. Box 4112
Winchester, KY 40392

Dear Ms. Laura,

Hi, It's Mike again. I wrote you once and your helper called me back and left a message on my answering machine. But, I was too embarrassed to call back. So, I'm writing again.

Ms. Laura, I'm a vegetarian, but I'm thinking of converting to a meatitarian. My doctor says I need to eat more meat to build muscle mass. I weigh only 105 pounds. Since your beef has no antibiotics or hormones it seems more "natural" to me. However, to clear my conscious, I need to know how you make the cows fall asleep before you cut the muscle off their bones. Is it painful for them? You kill them first, right? Somebody told me they are electrocuted in their rear end. But, they really don't feel anything because it zaps their butt really quick. Please write back and let me know.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I need some recipes since I don't know what food pairs well with cow or what is the correct way to cook it by burning the muscle. Thank you again Ms. Laura. You and your workers seem very trustworthy. I have no "beef" about that. Ha ha, that was just a joke.

Sincerely,


Mike Canestecco



Their response:

No comments: