Sunday, September 14, 2008

Today blew my mind!

Today was weird.

And tomorrow, I have a wind delay. Yeah. I've had snow days. I've even had a rain day, where they thought it was gonna snow, and it didn't. But tomorrow I don't have to be in to work until noon, because it was windy.

There was a lot of wind. Fast wind. Like 30-50 miles per hour. And unfortunately lots of people have their power out. So, since there's so much available bandwidth, I should tell you more and make the best of it.

Yeah, the local meteorologists were all warning of the wind. BUT, they also said it was going to rain all weekend. I am on record (ask Llana) as saying it would NOT rain AT ALL this weekend! And me was right!

How did you know, Mike? That's what you're all saying right now, isn't it? Both of you.

I arrived at this assessment using the "looking" process and noticing the direction of the big, green, swirling goober on the radar loop that looked like it would miss us to the north and...viola!
So, I don't consider meteorology a science.

And for all I care, you can tell Jamie Simpson that. Cus, I could totally kick his ass.

But don't tell Mike Terwilleger. He's kinda big and he looks like he lifts weights.

Any boy in school with a name like Terwilleger would lift weights after how much he probably got picked on. I tried to find you a link for Mike, but I can't find it and I just spent 5 minutes looking at Aja George.

Row!

Oh! Back to my story.

I quickly dismissed the high wind warnings and went for a bike ride on the rail trail.

And I almost died. Got hit with a small tree branch. Lots of debris. Had a flat. Fixed the flat at Xenia Station. A weird guy walking by talked to me. Got back on. Almost got blown over a few times. Jumped over a few trees blocking the trail. Wondered why I do this. Pulled into my little corner of suburbia and saw lots of people...standing outside. Why were they standing outside?

To look at the wind, of course!

It's invisible, actually. Those tightly packed isobars are just on the maps.

Hey, I was out riding in it. So, they ain't no stupider than me!

Well, anyhow, the wind gave us such a good blow job that some people were missing power and had shingles missing.

I'm afraid of heights and our roof is really steep. So, I'm I hopin' our roof is OK.

If not, then that would really blow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude, Lindsey Kurtz is where it's at. Asa is old news.