Friday, April 25, 2008

MC delta T

Last quarter, we were discussing the equation for heat transfer

Q = MC (delta) T

Where Q is the heat energy in calories or Joules. M is the mass of the substance, C is the Specific Heat Capacity and delta T is the change in temperature.

As I do every year, I mention in passing that if I were a Hip Hop artist, my stage name would be "M.C. delta T". People laugh a bit. After all, my initials are "M.C.".

I recycle jokes like it was Earth Day.

So, today I'm feeling a bit blue for no good reason. And to come to my rescue, one of my nicer and funnier students handed me a piece of paper and told me he wrote me this hip hop:


The guy is leaving for Marine boot camp on June 9th and will be attending Case Western Reserve University on a scholarship.

I feel so much better about the future now.

No comments: