Wednesday, November 26, 2008

At least someone is paying attention...

The quarter ended today. The last two weeks, my 11am lecture class has been quite verbal and participative. I've been having the students play with molecular model kits composed of plastic balls and sticks. They're like Legos for chemistry students.

Anyhow, I received an email from a student who apparently has been colluding with another student and writing down some of my "quotes" of the past two weeks. Here goes...

Mike,

Listed below are a couple of choice quotes that Justin and I picked up on in the last two weeks. Wish we would have started sooner in the quarter, then we might be publishing a book right now. So, pop open a nice cool Schaefer light, or Natural light if you want to spring the extra couple of cents, and enjoy.

"You usually don't want to put more than four things around a thing."

Mike (pops a balloon) " I feel powerful!"

"Aromatic is a dirty, dirty, burner."

"You can make an ester and another guy can make an ester, then you can sniff each other's esters."

"I ran around looking for balls and sticks, and I couldn't find any real ones."

"The Balls prove it!"

"Oh, I got balls!"

"Except this one is kinky."

"Most woodchucks are very fire savvy."

"An instructor did die once in the middle of the quarter. But it wasn't me."

"Never ignore things that are dangling off anyway."


-Words to live by. Have a great break,

Eric

No comments: