Thursday, November 13, 2008

I can make it happen...

On the morning of January 27th, 1991, I was kneeling in a Catholic church on Main Street in Buffalo, NY.

Among my normal prayers, I prayed that the Buffalo Bills would win Super Bowl XXV.

That's where my focus was in life.

Somebody's trying to tell me something, because they lost the next four Super Bowls.

I take responsibility, because I thought sports were important enough to pray about.

I don't care much about sports any more. But when I start to gain interest, I can guarantee my team of choice's failure. I don't even need to pray.

The NHL finals where the Buffalo Sabres got screwed on that goal in overtime? They even had a guy named Miroslav Satan!

The last two years, when the New York Mets choked at the end of the season to miss the playoffs? That was me.

Now tonight, my Alma Mater, The University of Buffalo Bulls, have a chance to make history and take sole possession of the MAC east. If they win tonight vs. Akron, they have their way paved for a bowl game this year.

But it ain't gonna happen. Because I'm now interested, and that makes the opposite thing happen.

So, just for the record: Buffalo losing to Akron tonight. I might go to the bar and watch so it'll happen for sure!

The University of Akron are the "Zips". A Zip is a Kangaroo. They are all over Akron Ohio, Kangaroos are, that is. And, there's no way in hell a marsupial can beat up an adult sized huge mammal the size of a bull. Have you watched PBR? Those things get pissed.

But I'll make it happen. You watch.

Please God, make the Akron Zips beat the Buffalo Bulls.

Ah, crap, He can probably read my mind and know I didn't mean that.

Buffalo going down tonight. 7pm on ESPN U.

I just made it happen.

Sorry Buffalo.


No comments: