Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Stupid Letters Series #5: Bob Evans

Customer Relations Dept.
Bob Evans Farms, Inc.
P.O. Box 330
Rio Grande, OH 45674

Dear Mr. Evans (or one of his helpers),

I just love sausage. Especially Bob Evans Pork Sausage. I buy the 16 oz. tube and I go through about ten of those in a week. Yeah, all the doctors probably say that isn't the healthiest thing. But, at 350 pounds, I'm not going to please them any time soon.

I've been having this problem lately; my favorite way to eat your sausage is to squeeze it right out of the tube on Ritz Crackers while it's cold right out of the refrigerator. I call that "crackers with sausage spread". My wife and kids don't like it. But, my dog and I think it's great. I eat that every day. However, a couple of times last month I felt a little sick after eating my crackers with sausage spread. I felt like I had the flu real bad. Symptoms included; nausea, chills, diarrhea, dizziness and blurred vision. Do you think I'm becoming allergic to the sausage? Please write back if any of your experts have any advice. Till then, I'll keep "Squirtin' and spreadin'".

Thanks again Bob. You guys make a fine and tasty pig!

Sincerely,

Mike Gastro

Their reply came with a pamphlet titled "Fight Bac":



Dear Mr. Gastro:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your purchase of our roll sausage products.

I am writing in response to your letter dated April 13, 1998. We do not recommend consumers eating eating this product uncooked due to the risks involved. I feel the illness you experienced is contributed to product not being cooked thoroughly, rather than an allergic reaction. Should you have any questions regarding the ingredients in our sausage, you may contact Tim Lawlis at 1-800-272-****. He will be happy to assist you with further information.

Thank you again, Mr. Gastro, and I hope you will continue being a loyal Bob Evans customer.

Sincerely,

Amber A. Chalfin
Consumer Relations


No comments: