Friday, October 31, 2008

Why I REALLY hate election time

Okay. So, I understand there are basically two sets of people in this country: those who trust in the individual to do the right thing by society and those who do not. Check.

And those two sets of people will NEVER agree with each other. Understood.

Here's what I don't understand: why do people feel the need to broadcast their political views as if they were some of evangelists?

To be quite honest, when I hear someone shoot their mouth off about Obama it makes me a bit more sympathetic toward McCain. Conversely, when I hear someone who is a conservative speak, I become more sympathetic toward democrats.

So, hey you toeing the party lines. I'm a very cynical person. Anything you do or say makes me go the other way with it. I think I have some sort of psychological problem with authority.

But, you makeshift biennial political pundits feel a need to belong to something that overrides your true self and makes you less of a person.

So, let's call it even.

How about if we both try shutting up for three more days?

All right then. On your marks...get set...

...shut up!

No comments: