Sunday, October 19, 2008

The sweet innocence is becoming...

...a thing of the past.

So you have some context; when my kids get helium filled balloons, we "let them go" outside after a day or so and we stare into the driveway for 5 minutes or so and watch them fly into the sky until they disappear.

It's like anti-gravity littering, which can't be as bad.

This weekend, my family threw a surprise party for me and gave me a whole bunch of big, silvery mylar balloons. So, this morning, we were letting them go outside:

8 year old: "Wow, those balloons are shiny!"

Mick: "Yeah, these kind reflect the sun and you can see them from way far away."

5 year old: "Oh two of them are splitting apart and got a divorce!"

8 year old: "Dad, how far away are they now?"

Mick: "Probably over the highway."

8 year old: "Some guy is going to be driving on the highway and see those balloons and say 'what the hell is that!?'"

I corrected her. I'm blaming the whole thing on my brothers staying for the weekend.

So, today I was chuckling about this to myself. That ain't too bad if my kid hasn't spoke a single adult foul word until she was 8 years of age.

I gave myself a pat on the back.

Then, later, I was checking out the files on the digital camera...

...and I found blurry pictures of bare 5 and 8 year old fannys.

I erased them faster than you could say "grand jury trial".

Please help me.


1 comment:

mikesaveme said...

flipping off Mickey from the back of the paceline... ain't gonna happen :P