Thursday, October 2, 2008

Today in lab...

Mike: "OK, guys...today, you will notice there is no data sheet in your lab manual. I will be passing out this graph paper you can use to record your data on."

Student A: "Do we have to make a graph?"

Mike: "No. I'm just giving you graph paper because it looks scientific."

Student B: "Seriously? Or, are you being sarcastic?"

Mike: "Seriously, you don't have enough data to do that. There's really only a mass measurement and some observations you need to take down."

Student A: "But we could do that on just regular paper, right?"

Mike: "Sure, if you want, just use your own regular paper."

Student C: "Then, where do we put our graph?"

Buncha wise asses...

And then in my stack of lab reports, I find this:


A linear plot titled "Mike's Hair Cycle"?

It can't be a "cycle" if it's linear!

Well, at least the slope is correct. But the x and y axes are reversed. The x axis is supposed to be the independent axis, which should be time and the y (dependent) axis should represent when my hair went from "peppered" to "gray" to "bald spot" to "bald". And why does it start at 6 months?

I have a lot of work to do.

Bye.

No comments: