Friday, January 9, 2009

I SAID GOOD DAY!

I have Virgin Mobile "pay as you go" cell phone service.

For a while, I have had a sneaking suspicion that there's some shenanigans going on because I get weird text messages from people I don't know.

For this latest round of random texts, I thought I'd use my friend's technique of abruptly ending a conversation. He's a pharmacist, and when people come in to refill their Xanax way too early, he just tells them "Good day" and when they begin to argue further "But, wait, I..." he replies firmly in Willy Wonka/Fez from the 70's show form "I SAID GOOD DAY!"

Random Person: Hey

Random Person: Hey torri

Random Person: Hello?

Random Persistant Person: Why don't you text your stalker back?

Me: Gulp!

Random Person: Yeah... You didn't know you had a stalker?

Me: I gotta say no.

Random Person: Well, now you do. :)

Me: Look, I'm sure you're a nice stalker. But, I really enjoy the solitude of not having one. And besides, I'm not that great. Sorry.

Random Person: Well, your mom said it was ok for me to be it. :) and don't be all depressed like your not all great and stuff lol.

Me: I'm sorry, nice stalker. I have to go now. Good day to you.

Random Person: Why do you have to go? Basketball practice isn't until 7:30?

Me: I SAID GOOD DAY!

I learned how to switch to caps just for that. But, I guess it didn't work. I woke up today to 6 new text messages asking me about basketball practice.

To be continued...


No comments: