Friday, July 11, 2008

Some thoughts on chicken suits

I was driving through Centerville, coming back from the best bike shop in the world and I saw a guy in the 88 degree heat wearing a chicken suit, lookin' like this:



He was advertising "First Month Rent Free" for some apartment complex. Actually, I don't know if it was a he or a she. But, I do know he had a pecker.

Anyhow, I must share three thoughts about how the practice of hiring humans in giant chicken suits is offensive and questionable.

Thought #1: Does this type of advertising really work?

Like, when we see this, does it really act as a legitimate message that will persuade us? Will we drive by and say; "Look Honey, a giant human-sized chicken thinks that apartment complex is a good place to live! We should live there and get our first month of rent for free!".

I say no. Moreover, I've seen where chickens live. They poop on each other and peck each other. If a chicken tells me where I should like, I ain't listenin'!

Thought #2: Somebody gets off hiring a person in a chicken suit.

Yeah, some d-bag property manager or pizza place owner secretly likes the fact that he/she is making a person who is low on the pecking order dress up in a humiliating costume and sweat their ass off in the heat. You would have a hard time convincing me otherwise. And, this leads to my last and final thought...

Thought #3: We should discourage this practice in any way possible.

How about if you and I go have a few beers, bring a movie camera and then approach people working these jobs? We ask them what they are making for the rest of the day. Then, we tell that person "Well, whatever you are making, divide it in half and then double it! We give them a day pay in cash to walk off the job right then and there. Maybe even take the chicken suit with them. What do you say?

This practice is absolutely fowl. And, we must stop it.

Stop the Giant Chicken Farmers!

Bawk Bawk!

No comments: